Brazil Soccer Academies and Soccer Schools
Youth Year IFX Brazil: Soccer Study Abroad Program
Brazil is South America’s largest country, and the world’s fifth largest by both geography and population. From the Amazon jungle in the East to the Atlantic Ocean, Brazil offers a vast diversity in land and culture. The warm people, exciting cities and colonial towns, a wide range of weather patterns, and an awesome mixture of cultures and races, Brazil is a fascinating country!
Students who choose an academic year or a semester program in Brazil will live with a host family, attend a local public high school, and play with a competitive Brazilian soccer club. IFX partner Brazilian Soccer Academies/clubs are located throughout Brazil within the communities where our players are placed with host families and schools.
For academic year and semester programs, students will attend a local high school with a wide range of coursework and curriculum. Classes are challenging with expectations of completion of coursework not only in, but outside the classroom. Students are required to take certain core courses, which generally include: Portuguese language, literature, foreign language, philosophy, and physical education. Additionally, students may choose one optional area of study to broaden their curriculum including: arts, science or technology.
All classes will be conducted in Portuguese. Exposure to Portuguese in the classroom and in their daily life helps them to master and become fluent in their foreign language skills. You will have an added advantage over other foreign piers with additional exposure to the Portuguese language through your soccer activities.
Brazil is arguably the top footballing nation in the world. Combining the athleticism and tactics of the European style with a magical, improvised flair, the Brazilian style is both beautiful and effective.
With a passion for the sport dating back over a century, Brazil’s extensive professional and amateur systems ensure sustainable production of world class talent.
IFX players are placed within a competitive Brazilian soccer academy (youth soccer club) fit to their level. Players are placed within a challenging football environment that allows tremendous opportunity for development.
Academic Year, Fall and Spring Semester students are given an orientation upon arrival in Brazil. Players are placed with carefully selected host families in a variety of regions throughout Brazil. Ongoing program support is provided by an in country program representative. Public transportation throughout is very accessible. Transportation costs are the student’s responsibility, including daily transportation to and from school and training, if necessary.
Students need a visa to study in Brazil and will be assisted in this process.
- Currently competing at a competitive level of soccer
- No language requirement
- 15-18 years old at the start of the program
- 2.5 GPA or higher (4.0 scale)
- Flexible and mature personality; desire to be challenged, ability to remain open-minded and tolerant of cultural differences
- A letter to your potential host family as part of your complete application
|Academic Year||late July – June||$12,950||March 31|
|Academic Year – Calender Year||late Jan – Dec||$12,950||Oct 1|
|Fall Semester||late July – Dec||$11,350||March 31|
|Spring Semester||late Jan – June||$11,350||Oct 1|
LATE APPLICATIONS CONSIDERED ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS
*All dates are approximations and vary from year to year
NOTE: The IFX program to Brazil has limited capacity, so students are encouraged to apply well in advance of the application deadlines.
- Round-trip airfare from a major international airport near your home including domestic and international flights
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Homestay accommodation including meals with your host family
- Placement in a local high school
- Placement with a competitive Brazil Soccer Academy (Brazilian Soccer Club)
- Weekly soccer training
- Participation in all soccer club tournaments, league matches, training sessions, etc, upon approval of registration by National and Regional Federations subject to FIFA transfer restrictions.
- Soccer league fees, and club gear (shoes not included).
- Ongoing support of soccer program aspect
- Post-program support for college recruitment process including letters of recommendation.
- Assistance with student visa application process
- Student health and accident insurance
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- Pre-departure orientations
- Supervision, guidance, and support during the application process and throughout the program
- Student Handbook
PROGRAM DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Passport and visa application fees as applicable
- Personal expenses (e.g., toiletries, clothing, internet, calling card, activities)
- School expenses (e.g., uniform/lunches, if required, supplies, books, bus/train pass)
- Any other item not specified.