England Soccer Academies & British Soccer Schools
With a diverse landscape from large, bustling cities, to quaint towns and shires, England has something for everyone. With an excellent reputation for fashion, film, music, and football, England is the number one destination in the world for students.
Students who choose an academic year or a semester program in England will live with a host family, attend a local public high school, and play with a competitive English soccer club or football academy. Football club and team options vary ranging from British Soccer School Academies affiliated with the high schools to local competitive football clubs.
For academic year and semester programs, students will attend a local high school known as Sixth Form with a wide range of coursework and curriculum. Classes are challenging with expectations of completion of coursework not only in, but outside the classroom. Students are allowed to choose their courses of study, whether it be English, Math, and Literature, or more vocational subjects which focus on technical or practical work.
All classes will be conducted in English. Exposure to English in the classroom (for those in which English is a second language) and in their daily life helps them to master and become fluent in the English language. You will have an added advantage over other foreign piers with additional exposure to the English language through your soccer activities.
England is the founding father of the world’s most popular sport and today is home to the highest quality professional football league, the English Premier League. It is the world standard when it comes to professional football, and is home to some of the world’s most profound players and clubs.
The English style is fast paced, physical, and strategic. Club facilities are world class, with even the smaller amateur clubs enjoying their own stadiums and clubhouses.
There is a wide range of playing options for youth footballers in England. IFX works closely with both England Soccer Academies as well as British Soccer Schools within Sixth Form high schools. IFX players are placed within either a competitive English football club fit to their level or within a Football Academy associated with the high school. Players are placed within a challenging football environment that allows tremendous opportunity for development.
Academic Year, Fall and Spring Semester students are given an orientation upon arrival in England. Players are placed with carefully selected host families in a variety of regions throughout England. Ongoing program support is provided by an in country program representative. Public transportation throughout is very accessible. Transportation costs are the student’s responsibility, including daily transportation to and from school and training, if necessary.
Students need a visa to study in England and will be assisted in this process.
- Currently competing at a competitive level of soccer
- One year of high school English language study, or demonstrated equivalent comprehension strongly encouraged, but not required
- 16-18 years old at the start of the program
- 2.5 GPA or higher (4.0 scale)
- Flexible and mature personality; desire to be challenged, ability to remain open-minded and tolerant of cultural differences
- A letter to your potential host family written in English as part of your complete application
|Academic Year||Sep – May||$28,120||March 31|
|Spring Semester||Jan – May||$16,995||Oct 1|
|Fall Semester||Sep – Feb||$16,995||March 31|
LATE APPLICATIONS CONSIDERED ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS
*All dates are approximations and vary from year to year
**Academic Year program is only available subject to extension after participation in Semester program
NOTE: The IFX program to England has limited capacity, so students are encouraged to apply well in advance of the application deadlines.
- Round-trip airfare from a major international airport near your home including domestic and international flights
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Homestay accommodation including meals with your host family
- Placement in a local high school
- Placement with a competitive English soccer club or British Soccer School associated with the high school
- Weekly soccer training
- Participation in all soccer club tournaments, league matches, training sessions, etc, upon approval of registration by National and Regional Federations subject to FIFA transfer restrictions.
- Soccer league fees and club gear (shoes not included).
- Ongoing support of soccer program aspect
- Post-program support for college recruitment process including letters of recommendation.
- Assistance with student visa application process
- Student health and accident insurance
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- Pre-departure orientations
- Supervision, guidance, and support during the application process and throughout the program
- Student Handbook
PROGRAM DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Passport and visa application fees as applicable
- Personal expenses (e.g., toiletries, clothing, internet, calling card, activities)
- School expenses (e.g., uniform/lunches, if required, supplies, books, bus/train pass)
- Any other item not specified.