Spain Federation National Team: International Soccer Camp
Where: Madrid, Spain
Dates: Residential Soccer Camps: July 2 – July 15 and July 16 – 29; Day Soccer Camps: July 3 – July 14 and July 17 – July 28 (Mon-Fri only)
Venue: Ciudad del Fútbol” – The official headquarters of the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) and home of the Spanish National Team (Madrid)
Who: Boys, competitive players
Ages: from 10 -16
Activities: Individual offensive & defensive tactical and technical methods, Ball scrimmage, control and ball handling, Group offensive & defensive tactical and technical methods, specific work for goalkeepers. English and Spanish courses are optional in either Madrid or Barcelona camps.
As one of the elite summer soccer camps in Spain, The Real Federacion Española de Futbol Campus strives to offer its program participants the opportunity to experience modern training regimens under the direction of experience Federation coaches. Through football, the RFEF emphasizes personal values like friendship, self-esteem, tolerance, discipline and fair-play.
Players learn the famous Tiki-Taka game from La Roja (“The Red”) as the national team is known for, which is a style of play based on making your way to the back of the net through short passing and movement.
Youth soccer camp players are divided into age and level groups, creating working groups that can better achieve the program objectives through physical strength and technical efforts. The RFEF coaching staff uses the right basis for integration, with a highly professional program structure, using modern team-building strategies. The soccer camps are composed of both day camp and boarding players, encouraging the integration of different cultures and personal aptitudes.
The Royal Spanish Football Federation (Real Federación Española de Fútbol, RFEF) is the governing body of Spanish football. It is based in La Ciudad del Futbol of Las Rozas, a municipality near Madrid.
RFEF organizes the Campeonato Nacional de Liga: the Primera División, the Segunda División and the Segunda División B. It also administers the Tercera División with the assistance of the regional football federations.
It is also responsible for appointing the management of the Spanish national football team (men’s), women’s and youth national football teams. The Spain national futsal team, also belongs to the federation.
TECHNIFICATION YOUTH SOCCER CAMP PROGRAM CONCEPT
- Individual offensive tactical and technical methods. Ball scrimmage, control and ball handling.
- Individual defensive tactical and technical methods. Coverage, tackles, interceptions, diversions and clearances.
- Group offensive tactical and technical methods. Shiftings, supporting, getting away from the coverage, splittings, timing, ball movement, setting and filling empty spaces and playing systems.
- Group defensive tactical and technical methods. Defensive strategy, coverage, exchanges, withdrawals and offside.
- Specific work for goalkeepers. Movements and positions, saves and receptions, diversions, rebounds and interceptions, kickoffs, scrimmages and offensive throws, agility, coordination and reaction time.
OPTIONAL LANGUAGE COURSES
The Real Federación Española de Fútbol Camp integrates local Spanish student with international students offering both English and Spanish classes, always with a focus on the football practice and technical expressions, using mostly the spoken language. Language classes are taught in 10 sessions per week and players can choose to take either English or Spanish lessons. The language course program is optional and follows a slightly different daily schedule than the soccer only camp due to the language sessions each day.
ROOM & BOARD – MADRID
The facilities include double, triple and quad bedrooms with onsite bathrooms, air conditioning, TV and telephone, and it is the concentration site of the Spanish National Soccer Team.
Meals are prepared under the same dietary controls as for the professional soccer player, and are prepared by the same chefs who make them for the Spanish National Soccer Teams players.
Upon arrival in Spain, players are picked up at the Madrid Airport ($175 additional fee) and escorted by bus to the training center. Supervision is provided both at the living quarters as well as throughout the day during the training activities.
- Technical Soccer Training Program directed by the RFEF.
- Football gear of the RFEF.
- Full Room and Board (Day camp players get lunch only)
- Adult supervision throughout the program.
- Travel insurance and emergency assistance
- Weekend excursions (Residential participants only)
- If Language program option is chosen, then participant gets 10 sessions/week of Spanish or English lessons and complete course material.
- For Boys players age 10 -16
- Geared towards competitive players.
- Limited space per age group.
- Players chosen on a first-come first-serve basis for all of those who fulfill program requirements.
Booking must be done online through our online booking platform. You may pay using your credit card through our online booking system. To book with your credit card, click REGISTER NOW
Online registration requires a non-refundable deposit of $1500.00 USD (refundable only if you are not selected for the program). The remaining program balance is due and payable on or before May 15.
Application and Full Payment Deadline: May 15
We strongly encourage early applications to ensure availability.
Upon receipt of your application and deposit, we will confirm your acceptance in the program.
All applicants must also be sure to have a current passport. Non-US citizens with residency in the US must also have a current passport, and be able to obtain a travel visa to Spain. For more information on the requirements to obtain a travel visa to Spain, please check with your closest Spanish consulate.
We’re looking forward to providing an unforgettable and unique international experience in a country of rich soccer culture.
For more information on IFX’s International Futbol X-Change, please contact us by email or call +1 (510) 599-4625.