PRO IFX – Full Season Soccer Training Program – Placement with Semi-professional/Amateur German Football Clubs
Our Pro IFX Year Program enables competitive players over the age of 18 the opportunity to play for a German semi-professional/Amateur club for one full or one half season. Players are placed to train and compete with a German club according to their level of play. An initial evaluation period upon arrival in Germany determines club placement.
Players live in a shared apartment with other roommates and attend an intensive language institute, enabling rapid advancement in the German language, or a University Business School in Nürnberg.
PRO IFX YEAR PROMO VIDEO
TRISTAN WATSON, KSV BAUNATAL – REGIONALLIGA – INTERVIEW
PRO IFX YEAR RAW FOOTAGE AND PLAYER INTERVIEW – ZACK MAHON, VFL FROHNLACH – REGIONALLIGA
German Language School
Located in the heart of Nürnberg, Germany, our Pro IFX Year program enrolls each player in our partner language institute, for intensive German language lessons for the duration of the program.
Courses include normally include lessons covering grammar, pronunciation, conversation, and cultural subjects.
University Business School
IFX offers both undergraduate bachelor’s degrees in International Management as well as Master’s Degrees in Management through a top private Business School in Nürnberg, Germany. All courses are taught in English. The school embraces an international mindset, with partner Universities throughout the globe and an international student body. University Business School Program Information
As one of the world’s footballing superpowers, Germany is home to some of the finest professional European clubs and players. Their extensive league system is comprised of multiple professional and semi-professional clubs that compete for promotion and relegation from one league to the next, year after year. This intensely competitive system has enabled the development of a stable economic soccer environment, for both professional and amateur clubs to enjoy professionally maintained facilities.
IFX players are placed within a competitive German football club fit to their level. Players are placed within a challenging football environment that allows tremendous opportunity for development. IFX manages the full international transfer of each player enabling participation in official league matches.
It is typcial in Germany that even the smallest of clubs will have their own home including a clubhouse, stadium pitch, practice pitches, and perhaps even a fitness facility. With top notch facilities, beautifully maintained grass fields, and perhaps the most efficient, intense, and tactically superior style, a player has no choice but to improve when in Germany.
Germany has consistently developed some of the top young talent throughout the world due to their knowledge and passion for the sport. With many clubs well over 100 years old, the expertise in German coaching and club management provides youth unlimited opportunity for growth and player development. Germany’s youth Bundesligas, Regionalligas, and Oberligas (top 3 national youth leagues) are comprised of Germany’s top youth talent, many of whom will enjoy a professional career in the future. Amateur and professional clubs alike all field their own youth teams, using their facilities and resources to mold their youth players to be units of their own professional team someday, or to be a valuable saleable asset.
Their is no doubt that the German clubs now realize that their most valuable asset is their youth.
IFX players are placed within a competitive German football club fit to their level. Players are placed within a challenging football environment that allows tremendous opportunity for development.
Germany Goalkeeper Training Program
Goalkeepers have the option to get additional specific goalkeeper training on a weekly basis in addition to their regular club training. IFX Germany goalies are trained by a top professional goalkeeper trainer who was a former professional German goalkeeper and goalkeeper trainer for Bundesliga clubs 1. FC Nürnberg and SpVgg Greuther Fürth. Goalkeeper training drills used by professional clubs throughout Germany are orchestrated by the IFX GK trainer. For more information about the goalie training program and goalkeeper drills please contact us.
Although your afternoons will generally be occupied with your soccer training, Germany offers many wonderful activities to enjoy during your free time. Germans typically are very active and enjoy biking, hiking, swimming, and of course fussball. Music, the arts, and theater are strongly supported in Germany, with many opportunities for attending local concerts, street festivals, and plays. Weekend activities aside from soccer matches may include going for hikes, bike rides through the countryside, swimming, socializing with friends, and dancing at the discoteques.
Academic Year, Fall and Spring Semester students are given an orientation upon arrival in Germany. Players are placed to live in a shared private flat usually shared with other IFX players and roommates. Ongoing program support is provided by an in country program representative. Public transportation throughout Germany is very accessible. Transportation costs are the student’s responsibility, including daily transportation to and from school, if necessary.
Students will need to obtain a student visa to study in Germany and are required to apply for a residence permit for the duration of their stay. While citizens of the United States are permitted to apply for the student visa after arrival in Germany, citizens of other countries may not enjoy this same benefit. Please check with your local German consulate for their requirements for your country of residence.
- Currently competing at a competitive level of soccer
- High School graduate
- At least 18 years old at the start of the program
- Flexible and mature personality; desire to be challenged, ability to remain open-minded and tolerant of cultural differences
- Ability and willingness to adapt to a new environment, new culture, and European soccer style.
- Ability to meet student visa requirements. Applicants are responsible for checking with responsible German consulate for their area.
|Full Season w/ German Language
||July – May
|Hinrunde (Fall Season w/ German Language)
||July – Dec
|Rückrunde (Spring Season) w/ German Language
||Jan – May
|3 Season University Program – Full Bachelor’s Degree in International Management||July – May||$22,995/year||March 31|
|Full Season University Program – 1-year Bachelor’s Degree – Gap Year or Study Abroad Year||July – May||$22,995||March 31|
|Full Season Master’s Degree University Program||July – May||$25,995||March 31|
|Goalkeeper Training Program – Full Season
||Sept – May||$2000||March 31
|Goalkeeper Training Program – Half Season
||Fall or Spring||$1000||March 31; Oct 1|
|*IFX Haus Residence Surcharge||July – May||$1500 Full Season
$750 Half Season
|March 31; Oct 1|
*Late applications accepted on a case-by-case basis.
*For staying in the IFX Haus, there is an additional charge of $1500 per season, or $750 per half season in addition the the base program price.
- Round-trip airfare from a major international airport near your home (in the continental U.S.) including domestic and international flights
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Accommodations in shared private flat
- Enrollment in intensive German language institute or University Business School
- Placement with a competitive German Amateur soccer club; players will train within the club’s normal training activities which is normally 2-4 days per week.
- Management of international soccer transfer; IFX can make no guarantee that a player obtains a roster position, enabling participation in official matches. Subject to players’ level and partner club’s desire to utilize IFX player in official matches. Approval of registration subject to FIFA, National Federation and Regional Federation transfer regulations.
- In country support throughout program duration provided by IFX Germany Management
- Management of German player pass (subject to Federation approval)
- Weekly soccer training according to schedule of club
- Participation in soccer club tournaments, league matches, training sessions, etc.
- Soccer league fees & club gear (shoes not included).
- Ongoing support of soccer program aspect
- Assistance with student visa application process
- Student health and accident insurance
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- Pre-departure orientations
- Supervision, guidance, and support during the application process and throughout the program
*German program requires a flat security deposit of $1250 to cover possible damages. Additional fees related to occupancy in the German room include a $100 end of year cleaning fee, and $30/month cleaning/repairs charge and $10/month for internet.
Program Does Not Include
- Passport and visa application fees as applicable
- Personal expenses (e.g., food, toiletries, clothing, internet, calling card, activities)
- School expenses (e.g., uniform/lunches, if required, supplies, bus/train pass)
- Any other item not specified