IFX Residential German Football Academy
The optimal combination of football and school is the core motto of the IFX German Football Academy, nestled in the heart of Germany. The IFX German Football Academy is operated by a more than 100 year old German football club, who also operates this unique football academy, also know as a ‘Fussball Internat’ or Fussball-Leistungszentrum’ in German. Players who attend the academy are primarily German players from the region and some from other parts of Germany, as well as some international players.
The residential football academy is for players from the ages of 13 – 17, who play at a competitive level of football. Players live at the academy residence where they enjoy access to the training facilities, as well as the various amenities at the residence. All players compete with the affiliated German club’s teams which compete at the highest regional level of German youth football. Players attend school at a local public German high school to continue their secondary education.
Program options include academic year or semester programs, and are incredible opportunities for high school aged boys to develop their game of football in a truly German football training environment, alongside talented youth German players from the region.
The football academy is in partnership with a professional Bundesliga club in the area enabling players who exhibit exceptional levels to have the opportunity for exposure or trials with this Bundesliga club, but is not guaranteed.
German Football Academy Philosophy
The German residential football boarding school creates an environment for young, enthusiastic footballers to train and learn from licensed German trainers in a soccer focused setting, while also continuing their secondary high school education at a local high school.
The German football school prides themselves in having competent and engaged staff who uphold the fundamentals of the academy. Like a footballer, they constantly strive for improvement of their program, structure and quality.
Key aspects of the facility:
- Helping all students/players with their academic work via after-school homework hours and individually proctored tutoring
- Weekly feedback discussions at school or at the academy residence
- Daily soccer training with highly qualified/certified German trainers
- Weekly/frequent individual fitness training or swimming training
- Education and training for competition and competitive thinking
- Training in social competencies
- Emphasizing healthy lifestyle for sport
- Competitive soccer player willing to train hard and learn
- For boys ages 13-17 years old
- 2.5 GPA or higher (on 4.0 scale)
- Flexible personality; desire to be challenged
|Academic Year||Aug – July||$20,250||March 30
LATE APPLICATIONS CONSIDERED ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS
*All dates are approximations and vary from year to year and represent an approximate 11 month program for the academic year or 5-6 months for the semester program
NOTE: The IFX program in Germany has limited capacity, so students are encouraged to apply well in advance of the application deadlines. Admission is also subject to an evaluation of players technical skills and ability.
- Round-trip airfare from a major international airport near your home (in the continental U.S.) including domestic and international flights
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Accommodation at football residence in shared rooms including doubles, triple and quadruple rooms.
- Daily meals at football academy cafeteria
- Placement in a local high school
- Training and competition with affiliated German soccer club
- Weekly soccer training
- Participation in all soccer club tournaments, league matches, training sessions, etc, upon approval of registration by National and Regional Federations subject to FIFA transfer restrictions.
- Soccer league fees and club gear (shoes not included).
- Ongoing support of soccer program aspect
- Post-program support for college recruitment process including letters of recommendation
- Assistance with student visa application process
- Student health and accident insurance
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- Pre-departure orientations
- Supervision, guidance, and support during the application process and throughout the program
- Student Handbook
Program Does Not Include
- Passport and visa application fees as applicable
- Personal expenses (e.g., toiletries, clothing, internet, calling card, activities)
- School expenses (e.g., private school tuition, uniform/lunches, if required, supplies, books, bus/train pass)
- Any other item not specified